Saturday 11 October 2008

Wearing stupidity with pride

A new poster has just turned up at JABS, and immediately announces that they're the kind of credulous moron who believes everything they read on the internet provided it's not backed up with any kind of evidence: Manyoaks writes:

My apologies if this inappropriate. In my opinion MMR is involved with autism.

My goal: To identify the cause of regressive autism, get it disseminated and end my research and go hiking in Yosemite.

Background: I have no family members with autism. I know no autistic individuals. I found an Internet bulletin board were the posters reported that treating sleep apnea also treated reflux, colitis and irritable bowel syndrome.

In summary: "I know nothing about this, have no real interest, but some bloke told me, so it must be true." It's people like this that make me despair…

3 comments:

John The Geophysicist said...

MY GOAL:To discover an anti-gravity drive, and a cure for cancer.

BACKGROUND: No knowledge of the physics of gravity and no knowledge of medicine.

However, I did read a book once that said we could defy gravity (the oil companies keep it a secret). A bloke in the pub told me the pharmas had a cure for cancer (but did not want to release it because it was cheap and would impact their profits).

This science stuff is easy isn't it ?

Becky said...

John: Let´s go into business together. I´ve watched Star Trek a few times.

John The Geophysicist said...

I would love to develop our own form of enterprise but I am worried you might steal my plans for faster than light travel (which the CIA already have and use for black operations against Obama, according to this American guy I met).

Mind you, that is hardly any less credulous than some of the drivel dumbos like Gus manage to dream up.